Mocamar is a marble company, specializing in limestone, more precisely the Moca-cream.
It was founded in 1982, before the entry of Portugal to the European Community and in an era in which the free movement of goods and people by
the European community was not yet possible as it is today.
We are a company which over the years has expanded globally, with markets as diverse as France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands,
UK, Sweden, Denmark, United States, Brazil, Qatar, UAE, Venezuela, South Korea, China, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, etc…
The company was born from the quarrying of blocks for the domestic market. Later in 1986 we opened the door for export, three countries in
specific: France, Spain and Italy.
Taking into account the needs of international customers, in 1993 the company devoted its services to export (85% of turnover), with much of this
volume in finished product.
Since 1996 till today, the company sought to constantly upgrade to satisfy the needs of customers, whether it is in the finished product or raw block.
– 1982: The beginning of company activity with early exploration of quarry No. 1 in the Mocha-Cream zone
– 1982: The beginning of exploration of quarry # 2 in the Brecha de So Antonio zone.
– 1985: The beginning of exploration of quarry # 3 in the Mocha-Cream zone
– 2013: With the expansion of quarry # 3 and licensing for quarry # 4, the company now has 20 hectares of exploration in the mocha-cream zone
– 2014: The Beginning of exploration of quarry # 4 in the Mocha-Cream zone
– 1993: The construction of a block yard, equipped with a crane and two Mono-blades.
– 1996: The construction of the first pavilion with about 900m2, equipped with an indoor crane, a mill, two cutting machines, a tile polishing machine
and an area for finishing molded pieces.
– 1998: The construction of another pavilion with 900m2, equipped with an indoor crane and a slab polishing machine.
– 2003: With the closure of the external block yard, this gave way to the construction of a new building with more than 2200m2, which increased the
companies covered area to more than 4000m2. This new space was equipped with an overhead crane with a load capacity of 32 tons, an overhead
crane with a load capacity of 5 tons, 2 mono-wire rollers and a tile cutting machine.
– 2007: The construction a new tile polishing line, with automatic conveyer for cutting, beveling, drying and cleaning.
– 2014: Updated equipment and reorganization of space: the acquisition of another CNC cutting machine with 5-axis, the integration of the cutting
process into one pavilion and relying on a digital stock system of all products available, puts the company at the forefront of the industry in Portugal.
Mocamar, 32 years satisfying your needs …